Meet the newly elected leaders of
Brockley Primary School Council
Well done to all the newly elected members of the School Council. You were all incredibly brave this morning; speaking in front of the whole school isn’t easy but you all did a great job. I’m looking forward to hearing all your ideas and making our school an even better place.
- The School Council takes part in lots of activities including:
- Listening to the views and concerns of other pupils;
- Representing these concerns to teachers, Mrs. Rodgers and other adults;
- Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions;
- Thinking of ways to contribute locally and globally;
- Fundraise for Brockley and charities;
- Having the responsibility for a budget;
- Representing Brockley at events
Being a school councillor is a very responsible position as you have to have a lot of sensible ideas and sometimes have to do things in your lunch times. However, it is your chance to play an important part in our Brockley community. You may feel a little nervous about putting yourself up for election but it is exciting to see what happens when people share their ideas so be brave!
If you think you would like to represent your class, the next step is the election process!
Elections – Monday 18th September 2017
People who would like to run for School Council will apply present their ideas to the whole school in a special assembly:
Why they would like to be a School Council member;
What issues they think are important;
How they will work to represent the ideas of the class.
To make it fair, there will be a vote by the children so that everyone can decide who will best represent them.
You may feel a little nervous about putting yourself up for election but it is exciting to see what happens when people share their ideas so be brave!
Best of luck with your campaigns: I am very excited to see what ideas you come up with to help improve our school.