Behaviour Hub - DfE January 2024
Brockley Primary School and The Behaviour Hub January 2024
The Behaviour Hubs programme supports school leaders by helping them to create calm, safe and supportive environments – with pupils in schools and ready to learn. Funded by the Department for Education, Behaviour Hubs has helped more than 650 schools and multi-academy trusts across all provisions to make sustainable and impactful changes to their behaviour culture.
We are delighted that Brockley Primary School is working with the Department for Education to become a Behaviour Hub.
The purpose of these hubs are to share exemplary behaviour cultures across the country supporting schools, special schools and alternative provision providers.
The aim of the Behaviour Hubs programme is to take a whole school approach to embed sustainable and clear structures throughout the school supporting the behaviour culture.
As a learning school we will experience support from other schools as they, share, lead and guide our journey as we improve the behaviour culture across our setting, building systems that are sustainable and allow our children to thrive independently.
The programme is based on the ideas and principles that are outlined in the review of behaviour: Creating a culture: how school leaders can optimise behaviour. (Tom Bennett 2017)
Brockley Primary School will work with partner schools providing a range of support depending upon the level of need. This is a comprehensive package of support that aims to see results within a year. We will have access and be encouraged to engage with the following:
- training on specific issues, common problems and effective approaches led by expert advisers, that can be implemented within the school;
- open days at lead schools to observe good systems and approaches in action;
- networking events to share experiences and good practice;
- online resources developed by the expert advisers which will equip and empower schools to implement changes in their settings;
- support to develop and implement an action plan, that will set out how to quickly improve and embed a whole school approach to developing a positive behaviour culture;
- mentoring and coaching to support leaders in implementing lasting and sustainable change.