Scroll to content
School Logo

Brockley Primary School

‘The Brockley Way – Only My Best is Good Enough’

Arts Mark

Private Fostering

What is private fostering? Sometimes children or young people go to stay with someone who is not a close relative. If you are likely to stay in this person’s home for 28 days or longer, legally this is called private fostering. The person who is looking after you is a private foster carer, Children’s Services must be told because it is their job to make sure that children are looked after safely.


Follow the link to find out more and if you need to take action.


Private fostering - Derbyshire County Council